Panama: A Spanish Language Immersion Trip
Carroll’s partnership with Universal de Idiomas (ILISA) in Panama City, Panama offers exciting options for learning Spanish and earning academic credits from Carroll, as well as certificates of proficiency.
Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013 - Saturday, Jan.18, 2014
$2,200 per person (includes tuition, lodging, breakfast and dinner).
Open to students and the community
Receive four hours of language instruction, conversation practice and cultural exposure on Mondays – Fridays from 8 a.m. – noon. Classes are small. You are placed into classes based on your Spanish language proficiency.
During the evenings and weekends, enjoy organized excursions, as well as free time to enjoy many opportunities to absorb the Spanish language and the culture of Panama.
- Accommodations: three weeks with a Panamanian host family. Shared accommodations depend upon the size of the group. Laundry services are available.
- Panama City Tour: visits to Casco Viejo, Panama Vieja and Panama Moderno or similar locations. The tour includes lunch, transportation and entrance fees.
- Embera Village Tour (or similar location): full-day visit to one of the indigenous tribes in Panama or to a similar location. The tour includes lunch, a guide and transportation.
- Two Weekly Cultural Activities: dance classes once a week and Spanish movies.
- Farewell Dinner at Las Tinajitas: dine at a typical Panamanian restaurant with a dance show.
Does Not Include:
- Meals not covered in the trip may be purchased at a cost of between two to five dollars each.
- Carroll course credits in the appropriate level Spanish course.
Due to increased program and flight costs, low enrollment and/or currency fluctuations, Carroll reserves the right to increase the cost. The program may be modified for a group of less than ten participants.
A $500 non-refundable fee is due at registration. The registration fee and final payment are due by Friday, Nov. 1.
Program Director/Contact Information
Director of World Languages
Carroll Community College, K216W