Students can take advantage of Carroll's tutoring services for their classes. They can schedule an appointment with a tutor or study skills consultant; drop-in for math, science writing or computer help; self-enroll in the Blackboard Academic Center Community for chemistry, biology and writing help; or review our Internet study resources.
Tutoring By Appointment
Students may receive free individual or small group tutoring in most subject areas. Tutoring is for any student who wants to improve his/her skills in a particular subject or discipline.
Beginning Fall 2013, students may sign up for a tutor by registering first (only once), then logging in to sign up for an available tutor each week.
- Enter a valid email and password to use each time.
- Enter a student ID - the seven-digit student ID assigned by the college
- Enter the course number - e.g., MAT 099, MATH 115, BIOL 101
- Once registered, log in to view available tutoring schedule.
- Click the "Limit to:" dropbox and choose the course needed for tutoring
- Click on the desired tutoring time with a tutor, and supply the information requested.
To arrange for a tutor for the whole term, same day and time each week, students must first register as explained above, then complete and submit the tutor request form either online or by visiting the Academic Center (L288).
Students can receive one-on-one help with time management, note and test taking, textbook reading, writing papers and more.
Drop-in at designated times and places for the following services.
Blackboard Academic Center Community for Chemistry
Students can self-enroll in the Blackboard Academic Center Community to post their questions and receive answers from peers and online tutors who will guide them in solving and verifying their problems.
Back to Tutoring and Study Skills