Tutoring & Study Skills
The Academic Center offers opportunities for students at every academic level to develop their full learning potential. In partnership with the faculty, the Academic Center provides tutoring, study groups and workshops. The Academic Center strives to foster individual responsibility and independent learning to promote life-long learning.
The Academic Center offers the following services:
- Tutoring by appointment for Carroll courses
- Writing Consultant: drop-in and online tutoring for papers in any class
- Drop-in math tutoring
- Drop-in biology, chemistry, and physics tutoring
- Online tutoring for chemistry through the Blackboard Academic Center Community
- Learning Strategies and Study Skills Consultant: Provides assistance with study skills such as test-taking, time management, textbook reading, and note-taking
- Workshops on various study skills
- Graphing calculator assistance
- Core Praxis drop-in tutoring
- Resource help in math, reading, and writing
- Networked computers for general use
For more information, contact the Academic Center (L288) at 410-386-8300 or email@example.com.
Back to Tutoring and Study Skills