Placement Testing for Transfer Students

If you have taken college courses and have earned college credit, an adviser can determine if testing is required by reviewing a copy of your college transcript(s). An adviser evaluates the course(s) you have taken at other institutions for their compatibility with Carroll's curriculum.

Request your official transcripts be sent from your previous institutions to Carroll's Records Office so that your courses may be officially evaluated and included on your Carroll transcript (if appropriate). You will receive an e-mail from the transcript evaluator when the evaluation is complete. If your course is very old or from an institution with whom Carroll is not familiar, you will be required to provide syllabi for your courses for our faculty chairs to review. Contact your previous institution for assistance.

For more details, review the Credit for Prior Learning college policy. To contact an adviser, call 410-386-8435 or email


Bookmark, Share, or Email this page Get Help