Career & Employment Resources
Carroll's Career Development Center views career development and planning as a lifelong process. The center focuses on individual student needs to prepare for the changing employment market. Individual counseling as well as workshops, career events, classroom presentations and connections with employers are available.
The development of your career is a process of choices, decisions and learning through a series of steps. Get started by viewing the following, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 410-386-8523.
Career Development Steps for Students
- Learn about major or career interests with career assessment.
- Speak with someone for career counseling about your options.
- Visit the Advising Office (A102) to register for the three credit Career Development Throughout the Lifespan (CAR 100) course.
- Learn about career options in a particular major with What to do with a Major in ... Discover how majors are connected to careers. View career outlines, informative links and strategies designed to maximize career options. Information and websites are representative of general career paths and are not necessarily a comprehensive list. Multiple majors may lead to the same career, so consider all options!
- Get information about career descriptions, requirements, salaries and outlooks.
- Attend career workshops and events.
- Look for internships.
- Participate in Service-Learning opportunities.
- Become a leader in Leadership Challenge, clubs and the Student Government Organization.