Transferring Credits to Carroll

The following information will help you transfer to Carroll.

Carroll County Public Schools' Articulation Agreements

If you have completed any of the follow Career Connections programs, Carroll County Public Schools (CCPS) vocational programs, you may receive credit at Carroll.

  • Accounting/Financial Services
  • Administrative Assistant/Secretarial Science
  • Early Childhood Education
  • Teacher Academy of Maryland
  • Computer Technology
  • Drafting
  • Print Production

Speak with the guidance counselors at your high school or Career and Tech Center to obtain proof of completion and an articulation form. High school grade and attendance restrictions apply. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must have completed your CCPS program within the last two years.

View the college catalog for specific course information.


Advanced Placement Credit

Call The College Board at 609-771-7300 or 888-225-5427 or send an email to for information about forwarding your official Advanced Placement (AP) scores to Carroll.

For additional information and established course equivalencies, review the college policy, Credit for Prior Learning. If Carroll does not recognize AP/College Board subjects, the Records Office will facilitate faculty evaluation. Contact the Records office at 410-386-8440 for assistance.


College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)

Carroll awards credits for CLEP exam performance. Review the college policy, Credit for Prior Learning, for testing course equivalents. Contact The College Board to have official CLEP scores forwarded to Carroll at 800-257-9558 or visit the The College Board  website to download a request form. 


Credit by Exam

To earn credit via Carroll's Credit by Exam program, meet with the appropriate faculty chair, and refer to college catalog  for established Credit by Exam courses. Speak with faculty chairs for questions about additional test equivalencies. Half of the course tuition, which is not refundable, is required prior to testing. Credit awarded by exam is not usually accepted by other colleges in transfer. CLEP is a better option if you intend to transfer.


Credits from Other Colleges and Universities

Forward official college/university transcripts to the Records Office for evaluation. Contact your former institution about their request procedure and charges.

Transcripts must be opened by Carroll staff to be considered official. Only credits applicable to a Carroll program of study are posted on the Carroll transcript and only after all official college transcripts are received

If we have not previously accepted the course, you will need to provide your course syllabus for faculty chairs to evaluate your course for  an equivalent Carroll course.

Send your Carroll transcript to other institutions.

Bookmark, Share, or Email this page Get Help