International Student Admissions

As an international student, you need to provide verification of residence to enroll at Carroll on a part-time or full-time basis.

If you are pursuing F1 status, you are eligible for open enrollment programs only, which require a full-time course load (minimum of 12 credit hours) and completion of the program within two years. This eliminates eligibility for several competitive admissions programs in the allied health areas including nursing.

Tuition rates are based upon visa type. Permanent residents, resident aliens, officially recognized refugees, those in asylum, and those with visas allowing a person to establish a domicile in Maryland, such as the H-1B or H-4 type, are charged in-county tuition. Those with temporary visas, including F-1 and J-1, are considered out-of-state residents and are charged out-of-state tuition. F-1 Visa students must follow the specific admission requirements. 

Federal financial aid is not available to international students. Upon being accepted to Carroll, you must provide official documents showing you have the financial means to support yourself during the academic year. This includes all expenses, such as tuition and fees, housing, food, transportation and other personal expenses.

F-1 Visa students must complete an enrollment application  and follow the specific admission requirements. 

Bookmark, Share, or Email this page Get Help