Blackboard Faculty Manual - Course Panel
The control panel
Enter your Bb course site. Click on the words "Control Panel" at the bottom of the list of menu items on the left side of the landing page. Only you, as instructor, have this feature. This is where you make decisions on setting up your virtual course or classroom and where you enter content.
The instructor control panel looks like this:
Steps in initial preparation of the course site include:
- Step 1: Managing the course menu. You will need to make selections about the layout and interactive functions to be used in this particular course.)
- Step 2: Posting an announcement to welcome students and to tell them how to proceed in the course site.
- Step 3: Posting information about you, the instructor.
- Step 4: Adding the syllabus and other course information.
- Step 5: Opening your course site early for student view
- Step 6: Viewing student roster and importance of student email addresses.