Students can take advantage of the Academic Center's multiple services for support in their classes.
- Tutoring by appointment
- Learning strategies and study skills consultants
- Drop-in tutoring
- Blackboard Academic Center Community for chemistry tutoring
- Internet resources
Students may receive free individual or small group tutoring in most subject areas. Tutoring is for any student who wants to improve his/her skills in a particular subject or discipline in which he/she is enrolled.
Students may sign up for a tutor by registering first (only once) on WCONLINE, then logging in to sign up for an available tutor each week. If you have received tutoring in the past, you do not need to register again.
- Enter a valid email and password to use each time you sign in
- Enter a student ID - the seven-digit student ID assigned by the college
- Enter the course number as listed in the course catalog - i.e. MAT 099, MATH 115, BIOL 101, ENG, READ, ENGL 101
- Once registered, log in to view available tutoring schedule. If you are not sure of your log in information, contact Academic Services (L288).
- Click the "Limit to:" drop box and choose the course needed for tutoring
- Click on the desired tutoring time with a tutor, and supply the information requested.
Students can receive one-on-one assistance with time management, test preparation and test taking, minimizing test anxiety, textbook reading, note taking, managing long term projects, and more.
Drop-in at designated times for the following services.
Students can self-enroll in the Blackboard Academic Center Community to post their questions and receive answers from peers and online tutors who will guide them in solving and verifying their problems.
Back to Tutoring and Study Skills