On Campus Employment Events
The Career Development Center helps employers and students connect. We meet a mutual need and take the guesswork out of creating a job-match using the following sources.
- College Central
- Job Fair
- Employers on Campus
- On Campus Employment
- On Campus Bulletin Boards
- Online Job Postings
- Online Interview Preparation
The college hosts an online resume/job posting resource. Register for the virtual job board by visiting College Central. Once registered, you can post your resume and view current open positions. College Central also offers a resume writer, job search articles, podcasts and information on portfolio development.
New! Create and upload a portfolio of work samples, certificates and other information to let employers know the skills you have to offer.
The 2015 Annual Job Fair is Wednesday, March 25 from 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. in the Great Hall. Employers will be highlighting seasonal, temporary, permanent, part- and full-time employment opportunities with local employers, so come prepared with your resume, a smile and a handshake! Click the above link for a list of participating companies.
Most weeks during Fall and Spring Terms, an employer is on campus recruiting students for employment. Employers are located in the K Building lobby on Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Sept. 10: Top Flight Personnel (Personnel Recruiter)
- Sept. 17: Canceled
- Sept. 24: Celebree (Childcare and Before/After School Programs)
- Oct. 1: Trellis, Inc. (Services for those on Autism Spectrum)
- Oct. 8: Athelas (Services for those with Developmental Disabilities)
- Oct. 15: Fastenal (Sales and Marketing)
- Oct. 22: Tiki's PlayHouse (Doggie Daycare and Grooming)
- Oct. 29: BB&T Bank (Financial Institution)
- Nov. 5: Aflac (Insurance Company)
- Nov. 12: Howard County Police
- Nov. 19: U.S. Army
- Dec. 3: Chipotle
- Dec. 10: Target Educational Communities
Opportunities are available for registered students to work at Carroll. Interested students must visit the Financial Aid Office (A114) to complete a FAFSA and employment application.
Bulletin boards with job postings are located in the Career Development Center (A118) and the Student Center (A202). Health care positions are also posted in N Building's first floor.
Carroll makes no endorsements or guarantees about positions listed through the Career Development Center. The college is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of applicants to research the integrity of the organizations to which they are applying.
Since Carroll is unable to research each company, the following practices are recommended:
- Do not attend an interview in a private residence.
- Beware of ads that offer large salaries for almost no work.
- Avoid companies offering jobs without having met you.
- Beware of a company that wants money for training, application fees, etc.
- Do not release bank or financial information to a company.
- Companies should not send payment in advance of work.
- If it sounds too good to be true, do more investigating.