Your First Advising Session
The Online Pre-Advising Session is a self-paced tutorial that provides key information prior to your one-on-one meeting with an Academic Adviser. It provides you with a better understanding about academic planning and your first term's registration. The session provides the following information:
- the necessary components of academic planning
- how to use the Student Planning system to create your personal academic plan
- a pre-advising worksheet that is specific to your goals
- a brief introduction to transfer planning
You can access the Online Pre-Advising Session after you have completed your placement testing.
If you have a transcript documenting the successful completion of at least 12 academic credits (four courses), you are not required to complete the Online Pre-Advising Session.
Once you complete the online session, you must meet individually with an Academic Adviser for the following:
- discuss your pre-advising worksheet results
- create an academic plan
- register online for your first term of classes using the Student Planning system
Allow one-and-one-half hours for the session, including time to meet with an adviser and register for classes. Visit the Advising and Transfer Center to meet with an adviser during the following walk-in hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday from 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Arrive no later than one hour prior to closing to complete an academic plan and the registration process.