Special Admissions - Radiography
Admission to the Radiography Program at Hagerstown Community College
Hagerstown Community College's (HCC) Radiography program is a selective, not open, admission program. Class sizes are limited. To be considered, the you must:
- Submit an Application for Admissions and the Supplemental Application for Selective Admissions Programs to HCC's Office of Admissions and Registration, by the Oct. 1 deadline. Applications are considered once each year.
- Submit official transcripts from other colleges you attended.
- Possess a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher, a requirement for all college course work.
- Submit proof of high school graduation or GED® completion.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete college placement tests in reading, English and math, or complete the appropriate prerequisite course work.
- Enroll in Math-128 College Algebra and BIOL-211 Human Anatomy and Physiology 2 by the application deadline with a minimum grade of "C."
- Possess a current CPR certification and have taken American Heart Association’s Health Care Provider course (not Heartsaver). Carroll's Continuing Education and Training offers approved CPR courses.
HCC will notify you, by mail, of your acceptance in the program. The admission offer is for the specified year only. HCC is not responsible if you fail to report a change of address. If you do not gain admission, you must reapply the following year.
If you are requesting advanced standing, you must meet the academic requirements for admission to be evaluated. If you are transferring from another similar program, you will be evaluated. In either circumstance, you should discuss your situation with the program coordinator.
You are required to purchase the following extra expenses:
- liability insurance
- a physical examination by your health care provider
Classes and clinical schedules vary and are likely to include evening and weekend hours. You need to provide your own transportation to your clinical sites. Technical standards (e.g. motor and sensory abilities) exist for this program.
If you have been convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony, you should consult with the program coordinator.
HCC has an academic amnesty policy for students who have not enrolled for a minimum of two years and have completed no more than 32 credits with a GPA less than 2.000. If you fall within those specifications, you may be eligible for academic amnesty. See HCC's catalog for details.