Incoming Transfer Students

If you are transferring to Carroll from another institution, you need to complete an enrollment application and follow the steps to apply including sending an official transcript by mail or providing an unofficial transcript in person from your previous college(s).

Placement tests are required as part of the admissions process. However, there are a few exceptions if you have fulfilled any of the following:

  • Completed at least 12 credits - you are exempt from the reading placement test and the Pre-advising Session
  • Earned 550 or higher on the math SAT, 21 on the ACT test or successfully completed a college-level math class at another college - you are exempt from the math placement test.
  • Earned a 550 or higher on the English SAT, 21 on the ACT or taken the English 101 equivalent at another college - you are exempt from taking the English placement test.

Our advisers can also help you determine whether placement testing is necessary by reviewing your previous college(s) transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are adequate for initial advising. An Admissions Counselor estimates the transferability of the classes you have taken for their compatibility with Carroll's classes. Official transcripts should be sent to the Records office for an official evaluation for transfer.

Bookmark, Share, or Email this page Get Help