Credit Online & Distance Courses
Carroll offers a variety of flexible learning options including online and hybrid courses. Hybrid courses are primarily online but also require campus, lab or class-time. Blackboard is Carroll's e-learning system. All credit courses utilize Blackboard.
Read the distance learning letter for information on accessing your course, obtaining your books, contacting your instructor and important semester dates.
Visit the Student Orientation to Blackboard community to learn about Bb tools and to get answers to commonly asked Blackboard related questions.
- E-mail the Blackboard Helpdesk at email@example.com
- Call 410-386-8310, Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Visit the Distance Learning Office (L192) or speak with a staff member at the Library Reference Desk.
Easy questions help you make an informed decision about taking an online course. Do not skip this important 6-question self-assessment!
A quick assessment of your computer skills assists in determining whether you meet the demands of online course work.
Diagnose your computer to make sure your it meets the minimum requirements for accessing Carroll's online courses.
View Carroll's credit distance learning courses including fully online courses (sections 75 and 85); hybrid courses, which require some classroom or lab time (sections 65); and online/video courses (sections 99) using the following methods.
- Select "Credit Students."
- On the next screen, scroll down to Registration; select "Search for classes;"
- Search for classes with a distance-designator section number to locate a distance learning class. It is not necessary to login to WebAdvisor to search for classes.
- Credit Class Schedule - look for classes with a distance-designator section number.
- Maryland Online - Carroll students may enroll in selected courses offered by partnering colleges at Carroll's tuition rate. Courses are recorded on transcripts as a Carroll courses. These courses can also be found in the Credit Class Schedule as "courses originating at other Maryland community colleges" and have a section 85 designation.
Advising - speak with regarding distance learning course offerings.