This series of courses recognizes achievement in business creation, development and marketing, business operations, finance management, legalities and online presence for doing business.
Successfully complete this series and earn an Award of Recognition. Call 410-386-8100 for more information.
Courses to Complete:
Complete four core courses:
- Business Planning & Understanding the Basics of Funding (SBA596 or both SBA585 and SBA584)
- How to Set Up Your Books: Home-Based and Small Business Owners (SBA425)
- Launching Your New Business (XXZ676 or SBA557)
- Legal, Insurance & Retirement Issues for Start Ups (XXZ040 or SBA586)
- Marketing Plan & Brand/Logo for Your Business (SBA595 or both SBA407 and SBA408)
- Understanding Accounting & Financial Statements (SBA597)
Complete three electives:
- Business Communications (SBA565)
- Foundations of Management (SBA598)
- Hiring and Firing (XXZ043 or SBA406)
- Small Office Organization (SBA571)
- Winning at Sales: Getting and Keeping Loyal Customers (SBA560)
- Risk Management for Small Business Owners (SBA628)
Total number of hours: Varies
Licensure/certification earned: None
Total approximate cost: Varies
Requirements: Courses may be taken in any order. Students must have a high school diploma or equivalent certificate.
Information unique to the training: None
Related courses: None
Estimated hourly pay: N/A