Faculty Advisor: Margo Chaney · Phone: 410-386-8253 · Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Certificate in Office Technology is designed to provide opportunities for students to obtain and validate information technology skills that will be valued in the workplace. Students may complete the program within one year of full-time study, or over multiple terms as a part-time student. Upon successful completion, students will be qualified for employment as administrative assistants, executive assistants, and office managers.
Program Length: 18 months
Certificate Requirements/Recommended Sequence
|BUAD-101||Introduction to Business||3 credits|
|CIS-101||Introduction to Computer Information Systems||3 credits|
|OFFC-102||Keyboarding 2 for Computer Usage||3 credits|
|OFFC-105||Introduction to Word||2 credits|
|OFFC-135||Introduction to Excel||3 credits|
|BUAD-150||Human Relations||3 credits|
|OFFC-160||Introduction to PowerPoint||3 credits|
|OFFC-165||Introduction to Access||3 credits|
|OFFC-205||Advanced Word||3 credits|
|OFFC-235||Advanced Excel||3 credits|
Although Carroll may not collect all of the following data, it must disclose the following information based on the Department of Education's Gainful Employment Program.
Office of Postsecondary Education Identification Number (OPEID): 031007
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Number: 520401
- Higher Education Opportunity Act: Student Financial Assistance
- Tuition and fees
- In-county: $3,781.60
- Out-of-county: $5,486.80
- Out-of-state: $7,679.20
- Books and supplies (approximate): $900
- Room and board: NA
Student Completion (July 1, 201 - June 31, 2012)*
- Students completing with loan debt - Carroll does not offer student loans.
Program Completion Time
- Typical completion time: 18 months
- Student completion within typical time frame*
- Percentage completing within the normal time frame*
- Program completer job placement rate - In compliance with federal guidelines, job placement rates will not be reported until a federal methodology is approved.
*In compliance with federal guidelines, for privacy reasons, this is not reported for programs with less than 10 certificate graduates in the reported year.