Nursing - Practical Nursing Track
Faculty Advisor: Nancy Perry · Phone: 410-386-8231 · Email: email@example.com
The Carroll Community College Practical Nursing program has been approved by the Maryland Board of Nursing. After completing pre-clinical requirements, students will complete fall, spring and summer terms. A minimum grade of C is required in all courses in the nursing program; science courses must be completed within five years of entering the clinical courses. This program admits students selectively; review the admissions procedures and requirements. Minimum GPA is 2.500.
The following plan of study prepares the student for the national licensure examination for practical nursing (NCLEX-PN).
* Within the last 5 years
= Within 5 years of BIOL-210 and BIOL-215
# Must have a minimum grade of C in all courses
Program Length: 36 months
|#|| Arts and Humanities
(ENGL-102, -201, -202, -211 or -240
|#|| Arts and Humanities
(from Fine and Performing Arts or
|*# BIOL-101||Biological and Physical Sciences||4 credits|
|*# BIOL-210||Biological and Physical Sciences||4 credits|
|# ENGL-101||English Composition||3 credits|
|# MATH-115||Mathematics||4 credits|
|# PSYC-101||Social and Behavioral Sciences||3 credits|
|# SOC-101||Social and Behavioral Sciences||3 credits|
|*# BIOL-211||Human Anatomy and Physiology 2||4 credits|
|*# BIOL-215||Microbiology||4 credits|
|# PSYC-210||Human Development through the Life Span||3 credits|
|#NURS-131||Health Assessment||1 credit|
|#NURS-132||Medication Administration||2 credits|
|#NURS-133||Nursing Concepts 1||5 credits|
|#NURS-140||Nursing Concepts 2||9 credits|
|#NURS-222|| Nursing throughout the Developmental
|#NURS-223||Issues in Practical Nursing||1 credit|
|Total Credits||62 credits|
Although Carroll may not collect all of the following data, it must disclose the following information based on the Department of Education's Gainful Employment Program.
Office of Postsecondary Education Identification Number (OPEID): 031007
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Number: 513901
- Higher Education Opportunity Act: Student Financial Assistance
- Tuition and fees
- In-county: $5,868
- Out-of-county: $8,514
- Books and supplies (approximate): $2,425
- Room and board: NA
Student Completion (July 1, 2011- June 31, 2012)*
- Students completing with loan debt - Carroll does not offer student loans.
Program Completion Time
- Typical completion time: 36 months
- Student completion within typical timeframe*
- Percent completing within typical timeframe*
- Program completer job placement rate - In compliance with federal guidelines, job placement rates will not be reported until a federal methodology is approved.
* In compliance with federal guidelines, for privacy reasons, this is not reported for programs with less than 10 certificate graduates in the reported year.