Academic Program - Health, Fitness and Exercise Science
The mission of HFES is to promote lifelong learning in terms of one’s physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual health. General education courses are an important part of a liberal education. They support academic success by encouraging students to make better health choices. A variety of one credit electives help students develop skills for becoming more active. All courses require students to utilize both college and community resources which increase awareness and respect for social and cultural diversity. The HFES transfer program prepares students who want to major in health and exercise science.
- Goal 1: Students will understand major terms and concepts as they relate to a variety of health topics.
- Goal 2: Students will analyze out of class activities for their application to course content.
- Goal 3: Students will conduct scholarly research on a current health topic.
- Goal 4: Students will demonstrate effective verbal communication skills either formally or informally.
- Goal 5: Students will evaluate health information as it relates to real world situations.
Chair, Department of Health, Fitness and Exercise Science
|Department||Health, Fitness & Exercise Science|