Course Abstract Details
MUSIC-151P, Applied Music- Cello
Credits: Credits vary. See course description for details.
MUSIC-151, Applied Music 2, provides private lessons for students planning to pursue studies in vocal or instrumental music. Each enrolled student takes a half-hour or hour lesson per week. Music majors are expected to take four terms of applied music. Prerequisite: exemption/completion of ASE reading.
Course Objectives and Grading Information
1. Develop rhythmic accuracy. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
2. Develop pitch accuracy. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
3. Develop musical expression. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
4. Develop instrumental or vocal technique. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
5. Interpret new musical literature. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
6. Interpret new musical techniques. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
7. Develop ensemble vocal or instrumental performance skills. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
The abbreviations in parentheses represent Learning Goals which have been identified for this course and program of study: