Course Abstract Details
MUSIC-150A, Applied Music- Flute
Credits: Credits vary. See course description for details.
MUSIC 150/151/250/251-01/02. Applied music lessons are arranged in half-hour or one-hour
sessions per week for students planning to pursue studies in vocal or instrumental music. Students are expected to commit to a minimum practice regimen of approximately 6-8 hours per week as recommended by the professor. Half-hour lesson: one credit, one billable hour, $193 applied music fee. One-hour lesson: two credits, two billable hours, $386 applied music fee. Prerequisite: Score of 36 or higher on the Accuplacer Reading test.
Course Objectives and Grading Information
1. Develop rhythmic accuracy. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
2. Develop pitch accuracy. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
3. Develop musical expression. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
4. Develop instrumental or vocal technique. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
5. Interpret new musical literature. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
6. Interpret new musical techniques. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
7. Develop ensemble vocal or instrumental performance skills. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
The abbreviations in parentheses represent Learning Goals which have been identified for this course and program of study: