Course Abstract Details
ITAL-101, Elementary Italian
ITAL-101, Elementary Italian, is basic Italian for students with little or no knowledge of the language. The course provides a solid foundation in the four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking, as well as grammar. Prerequisite: exemption/completion of READ-091. Three hours lecture each week. Three credits. Three billable hours. DIVERSITY/WORLD VIEW.
Course Objectives and Grading Information
On completion of ITAL-101, Elementary Italian, students should be able to:
1. increase their awareness, knowledge and understanding of the culture of the Italian-speaking people.
2. be able to communicate in Italian in exchanging meaningful dialogue, using grammatical structures and vocabulary to attain better oral proficiency.
3. refine accuracy of pronunciation skills using the Italian language.
4. be able to read and comprehend cultural reading selections appropriate to the beginning level.
5. be able to write comprehensive paragraphs and descriptions on given topics demonstrating increased improvement in writing ability.
The abbreviations in parentheses represent Learning Goals which have been identified for this course and program of study: