Save the Date for the Book Fair
Release Date: 8/2/2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Sylvia Blair
Executive Assistant to the President
Save the Date for the Eleventh
Annual Random House Book Fair
Save the date for the Eleventh Annual Random House Book Fair, to be held on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2007, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Carroll Community College, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster. Proceeds from the Book Fair benefit the Carroll Community College Foundation and are used to support student scholarships. Last year, the event attracted over 3,500 patrons from Carroll County and the surrounding area.
A Book Fair Kick-off will be held Friday, Nov. 9, 2007 beginning at 7 p.m. A family movie will be shown in the Theater in The Scott Center and Poetry Place Coffee house featuring poet, Kendra Kopelke, will be hosted in the Student Center. A workshop on Memoirs will also be presented.
You won't want to miss all these exciting activities on Saturday:
- National Random House Guest Authors: Jorge Cruise, Tad Hills, Katy Kelly & R.A. Salvatore
- New Book Sales - discounted 20 percent
- Book Talks & Signings by National and Local Authors
- A Silent Auction
- Announcement of Student Writing Contest Winners
- Musical Performances by Carroll Community College Students
- Children's Inflatable Playground
- Children's Storybook Characters
- Free Children's Books
- Reading Resource Area
- Local Artisans
The event promises a fun time and reading enrichment activities for patrons of all ages. For information, contact the Foundation Office at 410-386-8168.