College Board Approved Proposed Operating Budget
Release Date: 11/28/2006
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Sylvia Blair
Community Relations Coordinator/Web Editor
College Board of Trustees Approve Proposed Operating Budget
Budget Includes No Tuition Increase
On Nov. 15, 2006, the board of trustees of Carroll Community College approved the college's fiscal year 2007-2008 operating budget request. The request will be forwarded to the Board of County Commissioners in December.
Highlights of the FYO8 operating budget proposal include:
- Total budget request - $23,326,757
- Proposed increase over FY2007 - $1,962,036
- No proposed tuition increase
- Proposed state funding at an increase of $1,194,168
- Proposed county funding at an increase of $475,000 for direct aid and $130,000 of in-kind contribution to support the operation and maintenance of the physical plant
"The college's mission is to offer quality programs while emphasizing affordability. We believe we can maintain tuition at the current level while continuing to provide an excellent education," said Dr. Faye Pappalardo, college president.
The college prepares an operating budget for the fiscal year that begins July 1. The budget development process matches resources with expenditures to fulfill the mission of the college.